Media coverage of 2019 recreational boat propeller accidents.
If you are aware of coverage of a 2019 propeller accident that is not reported here, please contact us.
Fatal accidents are coded immediately in front of the reporting data as:
D indicates a U.S. fatality
D indicates a fatality outside the U.S.
- 7 December accident in Australia – 7 December 2019 “The Advertiser” (Australia) “Bowen Boatie taken to hospital after falling overboard” reports a person fell from a boat near Bowen, was struck by the propeller the legs, and taken to Bowen Hospital.
- D 22 November accident in Thailand – 22 November 2019 Bangkok Post (Thailand) “German killed by boat propeller in Phuket” reports Helmut Prock, 63, a German tourist was struck by a boat propeller while reportedly swimming off Kamala Beach at Phuket. Mr. Prock was taken to Patong Hospital and died from his injuries.
- 14 November accident – 14 November 2019 KITV4 (Hawaii) “Person injured after motor turned on while cleaning under boat at Kewalos” reports a person was cleaning the bottom of a boat in Kewolo Basin Harbor on November 14th when someone started the engine. The person under the boat received propeller injuries to their face and chest.
- D 21 September accident – 28 September 2019 CountOn2 dot com (South Carolina) “Man involved in fatal Lake Murray boat crash appears in bond court” reports on a 21 September accident on Lake Murray in South Carolina in which a cigarette boat ran into a pontoon boat at 9pm that resulted in a fatality. Stanley Virgil Kiser, 68, his wife, and his daughter were on the pontoon boat. Mr. Kiser was killed, his wife lost a leg, and his daughter was injured in the accident. We had been following this accident about a week when this issue of CountOn2 reported the cigarette “boat would then go airborne and Stanley Kiser was struck with the propeller.” Note – sometimes the Coast Guard does not count accidents like this one as propeller accidents if the boat was airborne when the person was struck by the propeller.
- D 15 September accident – 16 September 2019 SFIST (San Francisco, California) “Tiburon Man Arrested After 11-Year-Old Son Is Killed In Boating Accident” reports a man was operating a 33 foot Targa Protector boat off shore on Sunday 15 September. A boy and his older brother were “tossed from the boat”. The older brother, age 27, received lacerations to his leg thought to have been caused by the propeller. The younger boy was killed. The accident happened near Angel Island.
- D 14 September accident – 16 September 2019 KSFY (Sioux Falls, South Dakota) “UPDATED: Sioux Falls man identified in boating accident on Lake Oahe” reports Loyal Lee Bossert’s fishing boat was found circling unmanned on Lake Oahe in South Dakota Saturday 14 September. A rescue team and a dive team responded Saturday morning. They were able to stop the boat in the Circle of Death and recover Mr. Bossert’s body. He was 49 years old.
- 2 September accident – 4 September 2019 Lincoln Journal Star (Nebraska) “11-year-old girl struck by boat propeller while tubing on Harlan County Lake” reports an 11 year old girl was tubing with family and friends on Harlan County Lake in South Central Nebraska on Labor Day Monday September 2nd. The young girl from Kansas was taken to Republican City and life flighted to a hospital in Lincoln Nebraska.
- 2 September accident – 2 September 2019 WLBT (Jackson Mississippi) “Man cut on leg and torso by boat propeller while rescuing child in the Reservoir” reports a man jumped into a reservoir near Brandon Mississippi at Rankin Landing. He jumped in about 4 pm Labor Day September 2nd to save a child. The man was “cut by a boat propeller on his leg and torso”. The child received minor injuries.
- Not a Propeller Accident – 2 September dive boat fire – 2 September 2019 CNN “4 bodies found, dozens missing in California dive-boat fire, officials say” reports a major commercial dive boat fire just off shore of Santa Cruz Island off California. Early reports had 34 missing.
- D 1 September accident in Nova Scotia, Canada – 2 September 2019 The Star (Halifax Nova Scotia, Canada) “Nova Scotia man dies after being knocked by wave into boat propeller” reports a 76 year old male was knocked from a boat by a wave and fatally struck by the propeller. The accident happened on Panuke Lake in rural Nova Scotia about 4:30pm September 1st. He died at the scene.
- 31 August accident – 31 August 2019 WGME Portland Maine reporting a New Hampshire accident “9 year-old injured after falling off boat in New Hampshire” reports a 9 year old boy fell from the bow of a pontoon boat on Little Squirm Lake in Ashland, New Hampshire on Saturday 31 August. He was struck by the pontoon boat’s propeller around 4pm. The boy had been bow riding with his legs handing over the side when he fell off. New Hampshire Union Leader reported the boat was a 20 foot Harris pontoon boat powered by a 75 horsepower motor. We direct anybody interested in preventing similar accidents to our two part post at Preventing Pontoon Boat Over the Bow Propeller Accidents by Design
- 24 August accident in Canada- 24 August 2019 Windsor (Canada) reports two men, ages 22 and 23, were participating in a water activity about 10 kilometers from Belle River Marina, while trying to exit the back of the boat they were both struck by the propeller on their legs. One of the young men was said to have “suffered a life altering injury.” Authorities (Ontario Province Police) were called about 4:30pm Saturday 24 August.
- 22 August accident – 27 August 2019 Atlanta Journal Constitution (AJC) in Georgia “Woman seriously injured after hit-and-run boat incident on Lake Burton” reports Kathlyn Pattillo was swimming in Lake Burton in Rabun County Georgia on Thursday 22 August. She was struck in the arm and head by a passing boat. Her injuries “were likely caused by the propeller.” “The propeller cut through Pattillo’s skull and arm.” She was able to swim to shore and was life flighted to Northeast Georgia Medical Center. The boat operator left the scene of the accident.
- 22 August accident – 22 August Union Leader (New Hampshire) “Injured Sandown man rescued after screams, circling boat reported in Newton” reports Steven L. Lacroix, 29 of Sandown, was rescued from an unmanned pontoon boat in the Circle of Death about 2:30am Thursday 22 August in Newton New Hampshire. Mr. Lacroix had been working on his 1981 Rivera Pontoon boat’s engine. He was taken to Anna Jacques Hospital with propeller and pontoon injuries.
- D 21 August accident – 22 August 2019 NBC San Diego California reports on an Arizona accident “Teenager Missing After Boat Crash on Lake Havasu” reports a 17 year old male left a boat underway, was struck by the boat and propeller, failed to resurface, and a search for his body continued the next day. The accident was on Lake Havasu in Mohave County, Arizona on 21 August. Update – The body of Adam Gomez was found on Friday 23 August.
- 19 August accident – 19 August 2019 Patch (New York) “Man’s Legs Cut By Boat Propeller” reports a man’s legs were both struck by a boat propeller in the Peconic Bay at Mattituck, New York about 2:40pm Tuesday 20 August when he jumped from the boat too close to the propellers. The man was life flighted to a medical facility. The man was later identified by DailyVoice as 57 year old Stefan Palm from Germany. A doctor on board helped stem the bleeding til authorities responded. The boat was an 18 foot rental.
- 18 August accident – 18 August 2019 WCVB5 (Boston, Massachusetts) “Swimmer struck by boat propeller suffers severe injuries, officials say” reports a call came in to Wareham Police about a swimmer struck by a boat propeller at Bourne Cove about 12:45am Sunday. The person struck was taken to Toby Hospital.
- 17 August accident – 18 August 2019 Lake News Online (Camdenton Missouri) “Boat passenger struck by propeller after being ejected from vessel” reports Michale F. Maples, 55, was operating a 1989 Ranger bass boat Saturday night 17 August near Cedar Cove at the 3.5 mile marker of the Gravois Arm of Lake of the Ozarks in Morgan County Missouri. Cody L. Vaughn, 22, was riding in the passenger seat. They experienced a mechanical steering failure, the boat rotated in the Circle of Death to the right, Cody Vaughn was ejected and struck by the propeller. He was life flighted to Missouri University Hospital. Michael Maples was driven to Lake Regional Hospital with minor injuries.
- 15 August accident in Spain – 16 August 2019 The Sun (publication from England reporting on accident in Spain) “SPEEDBOAT HORROR Brit man, 60, injured after being run over by speedboat propeller in ‘millionaire’s marina’ on Spanish coast” reports a 60 year old male from Great Britain was swimming off Puerto Portals marina in the holiday resort of Majorca Spain on Thursday 15 August. The marina is on an island to the east of Spain. The man was struck by the propeller in his foot, ankle, and “privates”. The vessel that struck him was a rental. It is thought the man struck may have been in an area marked for swimmers.
- D 11 August accident – 22 October 2019 NewPortRI dot com “Report details fatal boat crash on Narragansett Bay” reports Sandra Tartaglino was riding a pontoon of a sailboat underway on Narragansett Bay near Pell Bridge Sunday afternoon 11 August in Rhode Island. The sailboat was struck from the opposite side by a powerboat. The sailboat (a 2001 18 foot Nacra F18 Catamaran) spun around as the powerboat (a 2005 28 foot True World cabin cruiser) rode up and over it per recently released details. Shortly after impact, Sandra Tartaglino was found face down in the water. Per the Medical Examiner her injuries “were consistent with being caused by a boat propeller.” The Coast Guard was among those responding to the accident. Rhode Island Department of Environmental Management (DEM) recently released the incident report to the DailyNews.
- 11 August accident – 14 August San Angelo Live (Texas) “Goodfellow AFB Firefighter Instructors Rescue Man Stuck in Propeller of Speedboat on Lake Nasworthy” reports Goodfellow Airforce Base Firefighter Instructors were on Lake Nasworthy on Saturday August 11th for a pontoon boat ride and swim. About 2:30pm they saw a boat waving like they were in trouble. A man hanging on the back of the boat was in pain. He had been struck by the propeller from his ankle up to his right butt cheek. A rescue boat with additional supplies approached and they were able to temporarily stabilize the man. He was then taken to shore to meet an ambulance. The Maritime Executive also reported two off-duty Navy firefighters were involved in the rescue as well. They are onsite for training with the Air Force firefighters. Local officials said that without the aid of the firefighters the man would likely have died before reaching shore. Bless them all! This is one of countless stories we are seeing, like the one below, in which medical professionals already on the water are able to help/save propeller strike victims.
- 11 August accident – 14 August 2019 Post Star (New York) “Man seriously hurt after boat renter hits kayak on Lake George” reports an 82 year old male from Lake Loon, New York was kayaking on Lake George in New York on Sunday afternoon 11 August. His kayak was ran over by a power boat that struck his legs with its propeller. He was taken with serious prop strike injuries to Glen Falls Hospital, then on to Albany Medical Center with broken bones, cuts to both legs and one hand. A female Park Ranger than also works as a physicians assistant on patrol nearby was credited with likely saving the man’s life.
- D 28 July accident – 29 July 2019 Fox59 (Indianapolis Indiana) “DNR: Boat propeller strikes, kills 8-year-old girl during boating accident in Monroe County” reports an 8 year old girl, her father, and some friends were on a boat on Monroe Lake in Monroe County Indiana Sunday evening 28 July. The young girl was wearing a life jacket. Details are sketchy but she was struck by the propeller, transported to Indiana University Health Bloomington Hospital, where she died from her injuries. Few details are currently available. The young girl was later identified as Callee Crones-Aris from Martinsville Indiana. She was reported to have suffered injuries to her chest, abdomen, and lower extremities.
- 25 July accident – 25 July 2019 CBS Miami (Florida) “Keys Diver Hospitalized After Being Struck By Boat Propeller” reports a recreational diver diving for lobster in the recreational lobster season was struck by a boat propeller in the Florida Keys on Thursday 25 July about 11am. He was taken to Conch Key, then to Mariner’s Hospital in Tavernier Florida.
- 23 Jul accident – 23 Jul 2019 StGeorge Utah “Man tubing at Sand Hollow suffers boat prop injury” reports a man was riding a towed tube at Sandy Hollow State Park in Utah. The boat stopped, the tube continued toward the stern, his leg was cut near the knee by the propeller. He was treated at the scene.
- D 21 July accident – 23 July 2109 NJdotcom (New Jersey) “Woman dies in boat propeller accident, driver charged with boating under the influence” reports Iesha Thies, 39 year old female, was on an 18 foot Beachcraft with others near waterway marking area 177 in Galloway Township on Sunday 21 July. She was thrown from the boat and struck by the propeller about 7:30pm. She was taken to Atlantic Care Medical Center where she was pronounced dead.
- 19 July accident – 19 July 2019 MyFoxNow (San Angelo Texas) “Odessa teen injured by boat propeller at Lake Nasworthy” reports a 19 year old male from Odessa had been wakeboarding on Lake Nasworthy in Texas. Approaching 1 pm he was struck by a boat propeller, he was taken to Shannon Medical Center.
- D 13 July accident – 16 July 2019 Union Recorder (Georgia) “Atlanta man thrown from boat dies at Lake Oconee” reports Ian Clough, male, from Atlanta fell from a boat on Lake Oconee in Greene County Georgia on Saturday 13 July and was struck by the propeller. The boat operator was charged with operating a vessel under the influence and allowing a person to ride bow/gunwale of a vessel. Reports do not specifically say this was a pontoon boat, but we suspect it could have been.
- D 12 July accident in Spain – July 17 2019 Herald Sun (Australia) “Melbourne Father of Three Stephen Jones, 40, Killed in Spain” reports Stephen Jones, 40, and his wife both of Melbourne Australia were in Spain diving off the coast of the Balearic Islands celebrating their birthdays on Friday 12 July. He was stuck and killed by a boat propeller that afternoon. Yahoo Australia also reported on the accident.
- 14 July accident in British Columbia Canada – 15 July 2019 CASTANET (Kelowna Canada) “Propeller Cuts Water Skier” reports a water skier was re-entering a boat when the operator thought the drive was in neutral. The skier’s legs swung under the boat as they tried to board, both legs were struck by the propeller. First responders met the victim at Penticton Yacht Club boat launch ramp on Okanagan Lake about 1:30pm Sunday 14 July.
- 14 July accident – 15 July 2019 ABC Chicago reports an 18 year old male fell from the bow of a pontoon boat on Lake Marie near Antioch, Illinois on Sunday 14 July and was struck by the propeller. The boat was a 2005 Premier Marine Pontoon boat. The man was outside the designated passenger area and the boat was underway. He was taken to Advocate Condell Medical Center in Libertyville Illinois.
- 7 July accident – 7 July 2019 San Angelo Live (Texas) “UPDATE: Boat Left In Gear Leads To Girl Caught In Propeller” reports an 11 year old girl was caught in a boat propeller on Sunday afternoon 7 July on Lake Nasworthy in Texas about 2:30pm. The boat operator said they were unaware the boat was still in gear when the young girl entered the water.
- 6 July accident – 7 July 2019 WNDU (South Bend Indiana on an accident in Michigan) “Man injured in boating accident” reports Michael Molnar, 36, was boating on Diamond Lake in Cass County Michigan on Saturday 6 July. He left the helm to pull a tube to the back of the boat. A passenger bumped the controls, the boat jumped into gear, he was ejected over the stern, and struck by the propeller. He was life flighted to Memorial Hospital.
- 4 July accident – 5 July 2019 Rocket City Now (Alabama) reports Jesse Hart, 19, was getting onto a tube when he fell into the propeller of the boat. “His swim trunks got tangled in the dual propellers of the engine, which pulled him in and injured his pelvic area.” He was taken to Huntsville Hospital. This was another instance of somebody becoming entrapped on a boat propeller. At least the second instance on this July 4th. We list several similar “entrapped” accidents on our entrapped page.
- 4 July accident – 5 July 2019 Dallas News (Texas) “Woman hospitalized after leg struck by boat propeller on Grapevine Lake” reports a woman was struck by a boat propeller on Grapevine Lake in Texas on the afternoon of July 4th. She was taken by ambulance to a trauma center.
- 4 July accident – 4 July 2019 KVIA (New Mexico) “Woman falls out of boat, struck by propeller at Caballo Lake State Park” reports about 2:30pm July 4th a woman fell from a boat. Her leg was struck by the boat propeller at New Mexico’s Caballo Lake State Park. She was life flighted to University Medical Center in El Paso. KVIA later identified the lady as Bernice Maldonado in a 25 July 2019 follow up story.
- 4 July accident – 4 July 2019 Auburn Press (New York) “Woman injured by propeller in Union Springs boating accident” reports a boat was being backed into a dock at Hibiscus Harbor. A 36 year old woman slipped and fell onto the propeller. She became entangled in the propeller July 4th and suffered leg injuries. A paramedic that lived nearby was able to quickly respond. Responders had to get the lady off the boat propeller. It took about an hour to extricate her from the propeller and prepare her for life flight. She was life flighted to Upstate University Hospital. We list several similar “entrapped” accidents on our entrapped page.
- D 4 July accident – 4 July 2019 WESH (Orlando Florida) “Officials: Man dies after being struck by boat propeller in Lake Butler” reports a July 4th propeller fatality involving a man in his 30s on Florida’s Lake Butler in shallow water. Early reports are not sure if he was swimming or doing something else.
- 4 July accident – 4 July 2019 DesMoines Register “Man’s foot amputated by boat propeller on Des Moines River near Birdland Marina” reports a man and woman were going down Iowa’s DesMoines River on an inner tube near Birdland Marina. A boat hit them or passed close by knocking them into the river. When the man was brought into a nearby boat, his foot was gone. He was taken to Mercy Hospital.
- 2 July accident – 5 July KTNV (Nevada) 2019 “Teacher loses leg after boating accident on Lake Mead” reports Leslie Burns, Los Vegas schoolteacher of English at Foothills High School, and friends rented a pontoon boat on Lead Mead for the 4th of July holiday week. A wave knocked her over and she was sucked under the boat of the boat where her leg was caught in the propeller. An off-duty nurse and firefighter happened to be nearby. One of Leslie’s friends credits the off duty nurse and firefighter for saving her friend’s life. Leslie lost her leg and is now recovering at University Medical Center.
- 30 June accident – 30 June 2019 WVLT8 (Knoxville Tennessee) “TWRA: boy struck by boat propeller, seriously injured on Douglas Lake” reports a four year old boy likely by the last name of Wardlow was struck by a rental pontoon boat propeller on Douglas Lake near Dandridge, Tennessee. The boys father and some children were swimming, the wind began to blow the pontoon boat away from them, a lady on boat drove the pontoon boat back toward them, and the young boy was struck by the propeller in his left arm and shoulder. He was life flighted to University of Tennessee Medical Center.
- D 23 June accident in California – 24 June 2019 FOX10 (Phoenix AZ reporting on accident in California) “an dies after being struck by boat propeller at Lake Havasu: Sheriff” reports Ismael Ortiz was operating a boat going South on Lake Havasu at California Bay on Sunday 23 June. He stopped the boat and jumped into the water. The boat began to drift away and he began to struggle. A passenger put the boat in reverse, left the helm, went to the stern to help him back into the boat. Ortiz was fatally struck by the propeller.
- 16 June accident – 17 June 2019 WSMV (Tennessee) “Boater suffers serious accident on Tennessee River” reports rescuers found two people on a boat, one struck by a boat propeller, on Kentucky Lake in Perry County, Tennessee on Sunday evening 16 June. The injured party was life flighted to medical care.
- 16 June accident in British Virgin Islands – 19 October 2019 BVI News (British Virgin Islands) “Boat Propeller Injuries Swimmer – Boat Captain Charged for Endangering Life, Gets Bail” reports a June 16, 2019 accident in which a boat captain allegedly made several stops with a party boat then sounded the horn with passengers still in the water and fired up the boat. A male passenger was cut in the buttocks and legs by the propeller.
- 15 June accident – 15 June 2019 YakTriNews (State of Washington) “Man seriously injured after hitting boat propeller in Columbia River” reports a man in his 20s was entering a boat after tubing on the Columbia River near Hydro Island. The boat operator began going forward with the boat, the man fell backwards over the stern, and was struck by the propeller. He was taken to the hospital. Alcohol was not thought to have been a factor in the accident.
- 15 June accident in Bermuda – 16 June 2019 BerNews (Bermuda) “Woman Injured By Boat Propeller At Shelly Bay” reports a woman’s leg was cut by a boat propeller at Shelly Bay 15 June. She was transported to medical care.
- 8 June accident in the Maldives – 8 June AVAS (Maldives) “German tourist injured in accident involving diving boat propeller” reports a German tourist was diving at the Manti diving point near the Paradise Island Resort. He was taken there by the Finolhu Diving School. While there, he was struck in the leg by a diving boat from Paradise Island Resort. The man was taken to Tree Top Hospital in Hulhumale’.
- 28 May accident – 29 May Northwest Florida Daily News (NWFD) “Friends raise money for Destin woman injured in boating accident reports Lee Ann Dorn, 55, stepped on the stern of a boat near Destin and was struck by the propeller. She was life flighted to Fort Walton Beach Medical Center. Three doctors and a nurse just happened to be on the beach nearby and quickly responded to save her. Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission (FFWCC)’s accident report form said she and others had jumped in while the boat was still moving. UPDATE – 23 May 2020 Dustin Log reports in a one year followup that she was entrapped on the boat propeller.
- 26 May accident – 8 June 2019 Miami Herald “A man needed a blood transfusion — quickly. This Keys rescue crew was ready” reports Osmany Zamora, adult male, was struck a boat propeller in the lower Florida Keys on 26 May. He was taken to Lower Keys Medical Center on Stock Island. From there he needed to be transferred to a trauma center on the mainland (Florida mainland) but life flight helicopter time is about 50 to 55 minutes from the rural hospital. Zamora had lost a lot of blood. The flight crew had been recently trained in performing on flight blood transfusions which Zamora’s wife credits with saving his life.
- D 26 May accident in Australia – 27 May 2019 Western Australia Today “‘You never know’: Family of Derek Jones distraught at boating tragedy” reports Derek Jones, in his 40s, went out fishing with a friend on Sunday morning 26 May. They were North of of Hillarys, a town near Perth in Southwestern Australia. The men were in an aluminum dingy powered by a Mercury Mariner outboard motor. Something happened, both men were ejected, the boat went into the Circle of Death. Derek Jones was fatally struck in the head by the boat propeller.
- 26 May accident – 26 May Long Island News (New York) “Police: Woman injured in Oyster Bay boating accident” reports during a Memorial Day celebration at Oyster Bay, a woman was struck in the arm by a boat propeller about noon Sunday 26 May. Rescuers were in process of life flighting her when she regained consciousness and was then sent by ambulance to a hospital.
- 26 May accident – 5 February 2020 WillMarRadio (Minnesota) “Lifesaving Awards Handout Out in Meeker County” reports “On May 26th 2019 Alex Pazahanick suffered life threatening cuts to his leg from a boat propeller prop on Big Swan Lake, and rescuers saved him by applying a tourniquet.”
- 25 May accident in California – 29 May Today’s News Herald Havasu News “12-year-old hurt by boat propeller, possible drowning reported over Memorial Day weekend” reports a 12 year old boy from Mesa was swimming in the Colorado River near Emerald Cove in San Bernadino County, California. The boy’s father was operating a boat pulling some tubers when his son was struck. ParkerLive reports he was struck in the legs by the propeller and life flighted to Phoenix Children’s Hospital.
- 15 May accident – 16 May 2018 CJOnline (Topeka Capital-Journal) Kansas – “One injured Wednesday night in boating accident on Lake Shawnee” reports a male was cut by a boat propeller on Lake Shawnee Wednesday evening about 8:30pm 15 May near the east boat ramp.
- D 2 May 2019 accident in Republic of Maldives – 2 May 2019 Raajje “41-yo Bangladeshi dies after hitting boat propeller” reports a 41 year old male from Bangladeshi was steering a boat in the Maldives, fell into the water, and was fatally struck in the head by the boat propeller. The man had been working with a diving vessel from Haveli Resort on Alif Alif atoll. Eyewitness reports say his shirt was entrapped in the propeller.
- D 9 March accident in New Zealand – 11 March 2019 New Zealand Herald “Coromandel beach tragedy: Teen on sea biscuit fatally struck by boat propeller” reports a teenage boy was being towed on an inflatable Saturday 9 March 2019 near Pauanui Beach. Per a spokesperson with the life flight service, the tow boat was struck by a wave and spun around at the boy. The young man was killed by the boat propeller. One of his friends was also struck by the propeller. The deceased boy was later identified as 13 year-old Billy Crabb
- D 8 March accident – 8 March NBC2 (Florida) “Woman dies after being hit in the head by a boat propeller near Lani Kai Resort” reports a woman was trying to help push a boat off a sandbar just off the Lani Kai Resort at Fort Meyers Florida. She slipped and was struck in the head by a boat propeller about 6:30pm. Officials are not sure in the propellers were turning or not. Video shows the props running at some time and the boat appears to be powered by triple outboard motors. The lady died from her wounds. At this time officials are unsure if she died at the hospital or enroute. It is a Spring Break weekend at the beach. PropellerSafety statement – While it is way too early to assume exactly what happened, one cannot help but remember the D.J. Laz sandbar incident a few years ago near Miami.
- 7 March accident in Bangladesh – The Daily Star (Bangladesh) “Buriganga Boat Capsize: 1 Body Found, 5 Still Missing” reports seven members of one family in a wedding party were on a boat near the Sadarghat boat ramp on Thursday night 7 March. They were on the boat to go out and board a larger vessel. The boat capsized. One body was found, 5 are missing. One family member was able to swim to shore, Shahjalal made it to shore but lost a leg to a boat propeller. The boat sank when it was hit by another boat.
- 26 January accident in Australia – Perth News (Australia) “Man Injured in Australian Day Accident” reports a 25 year old man on the Swan River near North Freemantle was struck by a boat propeller on 26 January (Australia Day).
- 5 January accident in Thailand – 6 January ThaiNews (Thailand) “No Success in Finding Man Who Fell Off Boat” reports Withoon Ouitrakul, 31, and two others fell from a 40 HP 19 foot boat in a sharp turn on Saturday 5 January 2019. Withoon Ouitrakul’s head was struck by the boat propeller. His 7 months pregnant wife performed a ritual at sea. They are still searching for his body.
- D 20 January accident in New Zealand – 20 New Zealand Herald “Teenage girl airlifted from Waipiro Bay after being struck by boat prop” reports a 14 year-old girl was struck by a boat propeller on 20 January. The accident occurred in Bay of Islands on the East coast of the North island of New Zealand near the area known as Waipiro Bay.
*********** Labor Day Weekend Ends Monday 2 September 2019 *************
*********** Labor Day Weekend Starts Friday 30 August 2019 ***************
*********** 4th of July Weekend Ends Sunday 7 July 2019 ***************
*********** 4th of July Weekend Starts Thursday 4 July 2019 ***************
************ Memorial Day Weekend Ends Monday 27 May 2019 ***************
*********** Memorial Day Weekend Starts Friday 24 May 2019 ***************
Previous Year – 2018 Boat Propeller Accidents