The bill was placed on the Congratulations and Memorial Resolution Calendar on March 27, 2013.
HR 986 recounts some of the accomplishments of this remarkable young woman, whose life was taken in a boat propeller accident at just 16 years of age.
Kali excelled at volleyball, was an honor roll student, participated in youth events at Community Bible Church, and cheered on her teammates and her brother in his golf tournaments. She was known for her upbeat personality and bright, adventuresome spirit.Her classmates at Smithson Valley High adopted the motto, “Live Live Kali” to encourage themselves to live every moment to the fullest, just as Kali did.
The House of Representatives of the 83rd Texas Legislature pay tribute to her memory, and extend sympathy to her family and friends. When the Texas House of Legislature adjourns on this date, they will do so in her memory.
Other posts related to the Kali Gorzell accident:
- Kali Gorzell : Texas Girl Killed in Aransas Pass Boat Propeller Accident
- Texas Legislature Introduces Bill in Memory of Kali Gorzell
- Kali Gorzell & Charlie Hutton: Its Been a Year
- Charlie Hutton & Kali Gorzell : it’s been 3 years
- Beautiful but Gone: Texas Boating Safety Video Texas boating safety video interviews four families, including the Gorzells
- Coast Guard contractor finds flats boats unsafe : Kali Gorzell