On March 10, 2011 Michael Meyer, about age 65 at time of the accident, and his wife (Luz Hilda Meyer) were on a cruise at St. Lucia, a Caribbean island. They were cruising on the Carnival cruise ship, the M/V Carnival Victory. On this day, they went on a St. Lucia shore excursion trip Michael had booked earlier. During the shore excursion trip Michael was severely injured by a catamaran boat propeller.
The complaint was filed 27 January 2012. The lawsuit / legal case was settled in September 2013.
We provide extensive coverage of this accident, case, and resulting trial in a series of posts:
- Details of the accident – Michael Mayer Cruise Ship Shore Excursion Propeller Accident.
- This post summarizing the legal case
- Michael Myer deposition review – injured party
- Jack Cardillo deposition review – passenger
- Siobhan O’Grady deposition review – passenger
- Jeffrey Navotny deposition review – passenger
- Ed Wieten deposition review – passenger
- Siobhan Beaubrun deposition review – Cox supervisor. This review is in two parts.
- Lera Toato Mathurin depositon review – Cox tour guid
- Captain Lawrence O’Neil deposition review- Sea Spray catamaran Captain
- Randall Jaques affidavit and deposition review – Plaintiff expert, inspected excursion for Plaintiff
- Dr. Scott Tannebaum physiatric review of Meyer for the Defense
- Amilicar Cascais deposition review – Carnival
- Is Carnival in or out?