|Our work to date has included:
- The development of operator/occupant guidelines to prevent propeller strikes. These
include existing technologies as well as human factors.
- Persistent efforts to focus the U.S. Coast Guard, as the federal regulatory agency for
recreational boats and equipment, to create standards and regulations to prevent propeller
accidents and deaths.
- Membership and attendance at significant advisory groups, include the National Boating
Safety Advisory Council (NBSAC) and the National Association of State Boating Law
- Monitor the collection of statistics on accidents and fatalities and to encourage wider
collections methods. Highlight the disproportionately high risk to our children, as
substantiated by the statistics.
- Public speaking venues for boating safety issues.
- Contributions to legal and legislative efforts to redefine federal pre-emption so that
victims and their families can fine recourse and compensation under state law.
- Participation in Federal comment periods, open public meeting forums and boating safety
campaigns and venues in order to urge, seek, promote federal regulation to protect the
- Provide support to victims and their families, empowering them with tools to memorialize
their loved ones through involvement in the SPIN MISSION.