Boating Safety Messages, Images, & Videos
We pulled a few basic boating safety materials together. We hope these images and videos will assist recreational boaters in becoming more prepared and to make safer choices.
Very basic boating safety points include:
- Take a Boating Safety Course
- Wear a life jacket when you are on the water
- Always attach your kill switch lanyard (engine cut-off switch / ECOS)
- Always kill the engine when near people in the water
- Never allow bow riding
- Be careful near marine life (sea turtles, manatees, dolphins, whales, and other marine life)
- Avoid the use of alcohol on the water
- U.S. Coast Guard provides boating safety resources at Recreational Boaters
- National Safe Boating Council (NSBC) provides numerous boating safety resources.
- Our YouTube playlist includes several Boat Propeller Safety videos
- PropellerSafety.com covers boat propeller safety issues in great detail
View some online boating safety resources such as Yamaha’s Boating Safety Video by Hunter Bland.
Below are a few AI images we created promoting Boating Safety and Propeller Safety: